Lord, will you stop the USA from buying oil from Saudi Arabia to save the planet to climate and civilization catastrophe?
Lord, will you stop the USA from selling arms to Saudi Arabia to stop the killing of Yemenis?
Lord, will you stop the USA from selling arms to Saudi Arabia to protest the killing of a single journalist with a high profile in the West?
That sounds serious. I’ll think about that one, but only if he was not killed by accident while being interrogated.
The following two tabs change content below.
Neil is the author of this post. To read more about Neil, see our About page.
Latest posts by Neil Godfrey (see all)
- Where Did Israel – and David – Come From? Some Archaeological Evidence - 2023-03-31 07:24:02 GMT+0000
- Another Angle on Paul - 2023-03-20 05:40:12 GMT+0000
- Jesus’ Unheroic Moment in Gethsemane – and a return to Vridar/Vardis Fisher - 2023-03-17 09:12:36 GMT+0000
If you enjoyed this post, please consider donating to Vridar. Thanks!
6 thoughts on “What will it take?”
It does seem like issues of critical importance don’t seem to excite our media opinion leaders as much as trivial things do.
• I’ll think about that one, but only if he was not killed by accident while being interrogated.
Per Eric Idle in his Monty Python days in the early 1970s:
Tim Widowfield (16 December 2014). “The Object of Torture“. Vridar.
If it gets the job done, I’ll take it.
I think there are several jobs that need to be done, one of which is:
• Developing energy storage projects for variable renewable energy (VRE) rather than maintaining a dependence on petroleum oil from Saudi Arabia and other countries that increase global instability and anthropogenic climate change.
See “A CONSERVATIVE solution to global warming (Part 1)“. YouTube. potholer54. 2 September 2018.
Cf. “A Conservative Solution to Global Warming“. Hume’s Apprentice. Nicholas Covington. 3 September 2018.
There are hard stops and serious environmental costs. I raise you https://www.richardcarrier.info/?s=Nuclear+energy.
• Given that a nuclear apocalypse will destroy the human race.
If solar and wind reduce global instability, then the chance of a nuclear apocalypse is also reduced.
Carrier’s argument should be evaluated on the likelihood that new technological developments will alter “net energy return”.
Per Carrier (1 November 2016) [now formatted]. “The Shocking Reasons Why We Should Go Nuclear“. Richard Carrier Blogs.