By Greta Christina / AlterNet
I’ve been getting into these debates with religious believers for many years now. I’ve seen how they start out, and where they end up. I’ve seen many, many theists desperately try to get the Atheist Seal of Approval for their religion. And I’ve reached two conclusions about why they’re doing it.
- They think atheists have higher standards than most believers, so our approval will mean more.
- And they don’t want to think their religion has anything in common with those other sucky religions… and getting atheists’ approval would let them keep on thinking that.
Latest posts by Neil Godfrey (see all)
- Need Help — to translate a German passage - 2021-03-04 08:39:42 GMT+0000
- John the Baptist: Another Case for Forgery in Josephus - 2021-03-03 15:02:04 GMT+0000
- The End of Global Capitalism and the Rise of China - 2021-03-02 14:23:12 GMT+0000
If you enjoyed this post, please consider donating to Vridar. Thanks!