It’s listed in the Pages in the right-hand column. See BRUNO BAUER: Criticism of the Gospels and History of their Origin – in English Check back from time to time because this is a (very) long-term project. But if you know that the 3 volumes of his study of the gospels are already available in English do please let me know!
The following two tabs change content below.
Neil is the author of this post. To read more about Neil, see our About page.
Latest posts by Neil Godfrey (see all)
- Another Angle on Paul - 2023-03-20 05:40:12 GMT+0000
- Jesus’ Unheroic Moment in Gethsemane – and a return to Vridar/Vardis Fisher - 2023-03-17 09:12:36 GMT+0000
- From Humble Beginnings: A Tale of Two Divinities — Jesus and Apollo - 2023-03-15 09:09:56 GMT+0000
If you enjoyed this post, please consider donating to Vridar. Thanks!
4 thoughts on “New Bruno Bauer Translation Page”
Perhaps of interest:
An English edition of Bruno Bauer’s 1843 christianity exposed: a recollection of the eighteenth century and a contribution to the crisis of the nineteenth century
Author: Bruno Bauer; Paul Trejo
Publisher: Lewiston, N.Y. Mellen 2002
Series: Studies in German thought and history, 23
The following is a screen copy of a google ebook. If the whole book could be downloaded that might be helpful.
• Bauer, Bruno (1850). “Kritik der Evangelien und Geschichte ihres Ursprungs”. play.google.com.
• “Kritik der Evangelien und Geschichte ihres Ursprungs / von Bruno Bauer”. The National Library of Israel.
“The first joint book of Marx and Engels — “The Holy Family,” or Critique of Criticism. Against Bruno Bauer and Company (1844) — is devoted to the controversy against some of the Young Hegelians, including Bauer. Subsequently, Engels published three special works on biblical studies, and Marx no longer touched on this topic in his writings.”
The Marxist-Leninists in Moscow several decades ago via their prophet Engels had some connection to this Bauer fellow: http://sprunge.us/8vkIZa
Came across in a Vridar comment: https://vridar.org/2018/10/06/atheist-hostility-to-jesus-mythicism-making-sense-of-it/#comment-87709