Annunciations and Holy Conceptions
The Josephs’ Dreams and Moves to Egypt
Another Jesus (=Joshua) was also a son of Joseph (of the tribe of Joseph) and that Joseph likewise was given a dream of future greatness
- Both the Joseph in Genesis and the Joseph of Matthew had fathers named Jacob
- Both Josephs had lives and careers marked by dreams
- Both Josephs played dramatic roles in salvation history
- The Patriarch Joseph saved his family by bringing them down into Egypt
- Matthew’s Joseph saved Jesus and Mary by bringing them down to Egypt
Dedication at the Temple
The Star, and gentiles bringing gold and frankincense
a star shall come forth out of Jacob, and a scepter shall rise out of Israel
1 Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
2 For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you.
3 And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
4 Lift up your eyes round about, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be carried in the arms.
5 Then you shall see and be radiant, your heart shall thrill and rejoice; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you.
6 A multitude of camels shall cover you, the young camels of Mid’ian and Ephah; all those from Sheba shall come. They shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall proclaim the praise of the LORD.
Latest posts by Neil Godfrey (see all)
- The Big Lie: from Germany to Russia to the United States - 2021-01-18 23:05:23 GMT+0000
- Lessons From the 6 January Insurrection - 2021-01-18 10:57:23 GMT+0000
- When, Why and How People Change Their Minds - 2021-01-17 01:37:01 GMT+0000
If you enjoyed this post, please consider donating to Vridar. Thanks!